Business and retail in the Sonderborg area
There are more than 3,000 businesses in the Sonderborg area, and we welcome more. Our dynamic retail and business market makes the Sonderborg area an attractive location for both entrepreneurs and established companies.
In the Sonderborg area, you get several benefits as a business owner:
- An attractive location to Germany and the rest of Europe, with whom Sonderborg has a strong cooperation
- Well-developed infrastructure with an airport directly to Copenhagen and highway connections to the north and south
- An international environment with 120 different nationalities living and working in Sonderborg
- English-speaking educations and Denmark’s most international university campus
- A well-educated workforce
- A strong focus on businesses, tourism and settlement
Read more in our folder for new businesses.
Did you know that...
- Approx. 22.000 people work in the Sonderborg area
- Our companies primarily work with energy and industrial production
- We strive to become Denmark’s first CO2 neutral municipality by 2029
Processing time for building projects
Workplaces in the Sonderborg area
Employees in the Sonderborg area